by Steve Andrews
Need to form an LLC fast? These are the fastest LLC formation companies available. Our Top 10 Best Online LLC Formation and Incorporation Companies for 2020. Whether you need to form an LLC, S Corp, Corporation, or Non-Profit any of these respected formation companies can get the job done and as quickly as possible. Need a registered agent in several states? Or every state? No problem, these are the leaders in registered agent services and business formations. Visit our Incfile review, our Northwest Registered Agent review, or our LegalZoom vs. RocketLawyer review for additional info.
Our #1 recommended LLC service is ZenBusiness. This is how LegalZoom compares with Incfile’s prices.
ZenBusiness vs LegalZoom
Formation Plan With LLC Filing, EIN (Tax ID), Operating Agreement, One-Year Registered Agent, Compliance Reminders, Express Shipping
ZenBusiness $249 + state fee (Our #1 Pick)
LegalZoom $826 + state fee
These LLC services are document filings services, they are not law firms. Our website does not provide legal or tax advice, the rankings, and reviews are based on the writer’s personal opinions.
Create an LLC or Corporation with ZenBusiness!
- The Starter Plan is $49 + state fee and includes state filing, Articles of Organization, and Registered Agent Services for the 1st year, then just $119 a year, formation in about 1-3 weeks!
- The Pro Plan is $249 + state fee, this includes everything in the Starter Plan but with faster formation done in just 4-6 business days and this includes an Employer ID Number (EIN)
- The Premium Plan is $349 + state fee, this includes everything in the Pro Plan, formation in about 1-3 business days, business website, domain, and email.
- Registered Agent Service (1st Year FREE) – an affordable $119 for every succeeding year
#2 Northwest Registered Agent
Create an LLC or Corporation with Northwest R.A.!
- Leader In Registered Agent & Formation Services
- Privacy by Default
- LLC Pricing Starts at $100.00 + state fee
- Most Popular Plan $225 + state fee
- Preparation & Filing of Articles, Next Business Day Processing
- Strong customer service, with a direct phone line and same-day email response
#3 Incfile Company Formation Services
Create An LLC With Incfile
- LLC Pricing Starts at $0.00 + state fee
- Most Popular Plan $149 + state fee
- Lifetime Customer Support
- LLC Operating Agreement
- Employer ID Number (EIN)
- Verify Company Name Availability in your state.
- Preparation & Filing of Articles, Next Business Day Processing
- Registered Agent Service (1st Year FREE) – an affordable $119 for every succeeding year
- 250,000+ Company Formations Since 2004
#4 Inc Authority Company Formations Services
Create an LLC or Corporation with Inc Authority!
- Basic LLC Formation Plans Start At $0.00 + State Fee
- Free Plan: Business name search, document preparation & filing, 1-year registered agent service, and more included.
- One of the top online LLC formation companies in 2020
- Inc Authority has very positive customer reviews online with a combined Trustpilot score in early 2020 of “Excellent”.
#5 Rocket Lawyer Company Formations
Create an LLC or Corporation with Rocket Lawyer
- Great For Business Formations & Ongoing Legal Services
- Free 7-Day Trial With One Free LLC Formation Filing Application
- For Non-Memberships, LLC formation Starts at $99. + state fee
- Legal Plan Subscriptions, $39.99/mo Premium Plan + state fee.
- Free Business Formation for Premium Members,$49.95 for Subsequent Business Formations
- Premium Plans Get Ongoing Attorney Consultations
- Visit Rocket Lawyer vs. LegalZoom
#6 CorpNet Company Formations
Create an LLC or Corporation with CorpNet
- CorpNet Promises Fast, Reliable & Hassle-Free Business Formations
- CorpNet Has Formed Over 100,000+ Corporations and LLCs Since 1997
- California Based Company Founded By Husband & Wife Team Of Lawyers
- LLC Pricing Starts at $79 + state fee
- Trustpilot Reviews “Excellent”
#7 MyCorporation Company Formations
Create an LLC or Corporation with MyCorporation
- Over 20 Years of Experience
- A Branch of Deluxe Corporation
- $99 -$324 Start-up Fee
- Over 1,000,000 Businesses Served
- LLC, C-Corp, S-Corp, C-Corp & Non-Profit
#8 BizFilings Company Formations
Create an LLC or Corporation with BizFilings
- Form An LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp, Non-Profit
- Basic Package Starts At $99. + state fee
- Basic, Standard and Complete Packages Include Free Registered Agent Services For One Year
- Expedited Processing Available
#9 LegalZoom Company Formations
- $349. LLC Filing (Express Gold Plan)
- $249. One-Year Registered Agent
- $159. Operating Agreement, EIN
- $69. Compliance Calendar
- = $826 + state fee
- Over One Million LLCs Formed Since 2001
- Ongoing Legal Advice Subscriptions From $31.25/month
- Business Formations, Wills & Trust, Intellectual Property, Legal Plans
#10 Nolo Company Formations
- Well known legal information brand
- Do-It-Yourself LLC filing and formation with Nolo’s books and reference materials
- Use Nolo’s online business formation applications to create a legal business entity. With these services you can create a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or Corporation. Packages include all the necessary forms, easy to follow instructions, and delivery to the appropriate state offices
Comparing Their Popular Plans
- ZenBusiness $249. + state fee
- Northwest Registered Agent $225. + state fee
- Incfile $149. + state fee
- Inc Authority $399. + state fee
- Rocket Lawyer $248. + state fee
- CorpNet $299. + state Fee
- MyCorporation $325. + state fee
- BizFilings $99 + state fee
- LegalZoom $826 + state fee
- Nolo $99 + state fee
* Prices are subject to change, these prices have limited services, additional add-on features and services may need to be purchased. Prices do not include the state fee.
Comparing Main Business Entities
- Sole Proprietor – Simple, one person is responsible for all company’s debts.
- LLC – L.L.C. Stands for limited liability company and is abbreviated as LLC. A limited liability company is a business entity that is separate from its owners and allows the owners also known as members to limit their personal liabilities while enjoying the tax and flexibility benefits of a partnership. If an LLC has one owner it is known as a single-member LLC, and if there are two or more members involved it is known as a multi-member LLC.
- S-Corp – An S-Corp Is not a business entity, it is a tax structure chosen by the business owner that avoids double taxation. Much like an LLC and S-Corp provides limited liability protection.
- C-Corp – Owned by shareholders, are taxed as separate entities.
- Non Profit – Charity purposes and get rewarded with tax exemptions.
- PBC – Public Benefit Corporation
Best Business Formation Services – 2020
Get More Than You Pay For!
You have probably heard the expression that “you get what you pay for” at some point in your life. This phrase has a specific meaning: pursuing cheap services means that you have a higher risk of experiencing an inferior result.
Thanks to advancements in technology and automation, it is easier now than at any other time in history to form an LLC online. You can pursue other corporate structures too if you wish. The providers below will give you access to the documents you need. Then you can submit the paperwork to your state to incorporate or have the agency do so on your behalf.
Our Top LLC and Incorporation Services For 2020
Starter Plan $49 + State Fee
ZenBusiness offers business formation with their Starter Plan at $49 (plus state fee) this includes the first year of Registered Agent service, Article of Organization, name availability search, state filing, and verification, along with additional discounted services including registered agent, EIN, banking, ongoing compliance and much more! They use technology and transparency to create an experience that is fast, friendly, affordable, and hassle-free.
Many of the companies that assist you with the business startup process for LLCs and other structures will charge a convenience fee for their services. If you are ready to create your new business today, then the team at ZenBusiness can get the process and paperwork started. The ZenBusiness Starter Plan is $49 plus the state fee to get things going. You’ll receive the expert support required to form, run, and grow your organization through automated processes without sacrificing customization. You can purchase add-ons as needed, but the Pro Plan includes some great features like the essential EIN (Employer Identification Number) needed for opening a business bank account. In addition, a great feature that makes ZenBusiness stand out from the rest is the “Worry-Free Guarantee”. This is a compliance feature that’s included in both the Pro and Premium plans for 2020.
You will find substantial discounts available for the priority and rush charges that the competition wants for a similar service. Your formation costs for services in 3-5 days are 67% less than what providers like BizFilings and LegalZoom charge – and that is before the state fees. Even their registered agent service can save you some money without sacrificing the quality of work you receive.
Zen Business will verify that your chosen name is available for use before filing the paperwork. If it is unavailable, then their customer care team contacts you to resolve the issue. Then all you need to do is answer a few simple questions about your company so that the Articles of Incorporation can be appropriately filed – along with any of the other paperwork requirements that your state expects.
Unlike the competition, we use technology and automated processes to provide a fast and low-cost business formation service that meets your unique business needs.
It’s your participation that truly fuels our service and success! Our technology keeps our costs down and allows for a more customized experience. We’re able to provide free services and discounted prices because of many of our customers – small business owners and entrepreneurs just like you – purchase add-on services and monthly package plans that subsidize our remaining costs.
The result is a low-cost, personalized formation with fast and friendly service for everyone!
You can even upgrade to their worry-free guarantee to make sure your filings and tax paperwork are always up-to-date thanks to their reminders. With a team that offers over 75 years of experience helping startups, you will find that the complex administrative world of filing for a new company structure is much easier to navigate.
$100. + State Fee
Northwest Registered Agent offers an assortment of business services that can help your company find the best path forward. You’ll find a variety of how-to guides, free legal forms, and various documents available to help you get your business off of the ground. Then you can begin to develop the operating principles that will drive your new organization forward.
You can obtain a registered agent in any U.S. jurisdiction through Northwest Registered Agent, allowing you to file for a new LLC or corporation in all 50 states. You can find free LLC operating agreement examples, instructions on how to file an annual report, or even tackle different tasks like reinstating a corporation.
Every service comes with an enhanced level of privacy because this provider lists their address on your formation documents. That means your personal details are kept private and not broadcast to the public. You won’t get the run-around from them either. When you need help or advice, it is a candid and honest conversation that you receive.
If you are ready to get your business started right now without the worries of data security or an inaccurate file looming overhead, then Northwest Registered Agent can help your company to hit the ground running. You can download many of their templates without even registering for an account.
Northwest puts much emphasis on excellent customer service. They say, “You should always be able to talk to us, on the phone, email, contact forms, etc. We are continually focusing on great customer service.”
Their LLC formation service is just $100, and that includes a registered agent. Northwest then has a different pricing structure compared to the others. They charge for a flat annual rate of $125 per registration. They charge $125 per state for the first three states, $115 for four to nine states, and $100 for ten states or more. Aside from this multi-state discount, they pull all the stops when it comes to recording and scanning, and sending all documents. Clients are informed every time in real-time when there’s anything new.
The annual $125 a subscription gives the client 365 days of premium registered agent service, a secure online portal to help clients manage the documents, access to forms varying from state to state, and a lifetime of client support, however, instead of $125. Annually, compared to other services, clients need only to pay $100 annually if they apply for more than nine states.
Silver Plan $0.00 + state fee
Gold Plan $149 + state fee
Platinum Plan $299 + state fee
If you are ready to start a business, then these are the service providers who are prepared right now to turn your dreams into reality. Incfile gives you the help that you need when your goal is to form an LLC, S-Corporation, C-Corp, or any other business structure that may be suitable for your needs. Their team can also help you to create a nonprofit.
Incfile Reviews On Shopper Approved Oct. 28, 2020
One of the headaches with formations is the need to go through a renewal process every 1-2 years in most jurisdictions. You might also need to file statements to stay in regulatory compliance, have multiple federal and state tax filings to juggle, or go through the foreign qualification process. You’ll find help for all of these needs and more when you choose Incfile to help get your business started.
There are several easy-to-follow guides that you’ll find on their website to help you know when to file in each state. You can review the ongoing filing requirements as well, consider the benefits of each business entity to know which type is best for your needs, and even calculate what savings could be available if you opt to become an S-Corporation.
You can even find a state-by-state breakdown of what the standard processing time for a business application is for each business entity. Then you can see if there is an expedited process to follow, and how much that extra service might cost.
Assistance in company formation, legal compliance as well as IRS filing. IncFile assists businesses on how to become a C-corporation, an S-corporation, a nonprofit organization, and a limited liability company. Since 2004, Incfile has helped with over 150,000 company formations and continues to assist them with their legal requirements. Given that base, IncFile is a company that is more than capable.
If you are looking for a fast, simple, and affordable way to manage your new company, Incfile has many of the tools and documents that you’ll need to get everything started today.
Beginning with a small price of $0.00. plus the state fee, IncFile’s core features are impressive.
Visit Inc Authority
Inc Authority’s Free Service Includes:
Business Name Check
Inc Authority will check your business name within your state.
Preparation & Filing
Inc Authority will prepare your entity formation documents and submit them to the state.
Ensure you never miss a legal notice. Inc Authority will be your registered agent for 1 year.
Digital Storage & Delivery
A digital copy delivered to you and the storage of your essential start-up documents.
Checking & Merchant Services
Access to a Bank of America business checking account with exclusive incentives and merchant services to accept credit cards.
Inc Authority prepares and files S-Election document Form 2553 with the IRS (optional).
INC CARE Support
Their support staff will help answer any questions you have, via email or phone.
Tax Planning Consultation
Your new business will receive a Tax Planning Consultation to help you save more of your business income.
Business Funding Analysis
A Funding Expert will review your financing needs and share with you startup funding solutions.
Visit Inc Authority
Business Formations & Ongoing Legal Advice
What is Rocket Lawyer?
Legal made simple – All the legal help you need. Anytime. Anywhere.
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 17 million businesses, families and individuals make legal documents, get attorney advice, and confidently protect their futures.
- 50,000,000+ documents created*
- 240,000+ legal questions answered
- 2,000,000+ businesses served
About Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer believes everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services. Since 2008, they’ve helped over 17 million businesses, families, and individuals make legal documents, get attorney advice, and confidently protect their futures. From easy legal documents and business incorporation to discounted rates with outstanding lawyers, they are there to help every step of the way.
Founded by Charley Moore in 2009, Rocket Lawyer was his desire to create a site that was easy for customers to use while providing all the legal documents and online guidance needed for those who wanted an alternative to paying for a local lawyer or law firm. After selling his company OnStation Corp, Moore’s initial efforts in creating Rocket Lawyer increased dramatically after the 2009 recession when he added a monthly subscription fee.
With the number of subscribers reaching the six-figure mark, Rocket Lawyer began expanding its services by focusing in large part on business formation. However, they also provide all types of legal documents covering a wide range of issues from prenuptial agreements up to the incorporation of companies. Plus, Rocket Lawyer offers online attorney services to answer questions and provide guidance. Another function is the Legal Health Score, which rates your level of wellness under the legal system from 1 to 100.
- 7-Day Free Trial
- Premium Membership $39.99 per month
- Members Save On Essential Legal Services
The heart of Rocket Lawyer is its ongoing legal advice subscription service. This is an annual fee charged by the company to gain access to the legal assistance that they provide. The most common services covered under their subscription fees include the following;
- Consultations with Attorneys
- Document Reviews by an Attorney
- Unlimited Access to Forms
Rocket Lawyer offers its ongoing legal service with their Premium membership. The costs for Premium members is $39.99 per month Services include the following;
- Free Business Formation for New Premium Members
- $49.95 for Subsequent Business Formations
- 25% off Registered Agent Services, For Non-Members $149. per year
- Rocket Lawyer offers Premium members consultations with an attorney by phone, unlimited template access, and attorney review of up to six documents. You can utilize the “Ask a Lawyer” feature if you have a quick legal question. Plus, if you want to hire an attorney through the directory provided by Rocket Lawyer, you get 40% off the rates.
Rocket Lawyer has a great score on Trustpilot – 2019
$79. + State Fee
CorpNet – Why is CorpNet an excellent choice for LLC formation assistance?
- Corpnet has already helped in the formation of over 100,000 various types of companies. An astounding accomplishment for a husband and wife team who have been in the business for twenty years.
- This dedication to their work has resulted in an almost unanimous positive feedback from their clients, and Corpnet guarantees that unsatisfied customers can get their money back, no questions asked.
- They offer free registered agent service to clients who take advantage of their top two service packages and 60 days free for their basic service. All three service tiers provide some form of flexibility.
Are You Ready to Form a Business?
Becoming a business owner can be one of the most exciting days of your life. When you enter the marketplace, it is also imperative that you protect your personal assets from potential corporate creditors. When you use one of these services to create an LLC, S-Corporation, or a C-Corp, then you can begin a safer journey toward the success you want to earn.
Each service works with you to file the appropriate documents with your state of choice. Then you have a series of guides that can help you stay organized during your first days of ownership. Choose the service which makes the most sense for your company today, and then don’t delay. You’ll want to get that paperwork filled out right away.
Are There Any Free LLC Formation Services?
Right now there are two companies that we know of, Incfile and Inc Authority, that will do some of the basic filing requirements to form an LLC but we don’t know how long these free prices will last. The state filing fees are determined by the state that you are filing in, and these prices are not free. State fees vary but on average they are about $300. It’s a good idea to check other articles regarding the best LLC services in order to keep up on price changes and updates.
Visit These Business Formation Resources
QuickBooks Accounting Prices & Plans